Melodious87

Tell Me a Story

A Dangerous Beauty (Widows Club, Book 1) - Sophia Nash I really loved this book. The execution was very impressive and just made the entire story pretty amazing. Loved this author's style of writing. I had randomly picked this up on a whim because the cover intrigued me and the back cover description caught my interest and when I started reading it, it really surprised me. A very pleasant wonderful surprise for me. I was expecting to get the predictable plot seen in romance books but this book really grabbed me and kept surprising me. I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I loved both the hero and heroine who both have difficult dark backgrounds but come together and can't let go. A very heartbreaking forlorn couple who have lots of ups and downs. Very angsty emotionally-heavy story. But so very good.

The only negative I would say is the story does get dragged out a bit too long until the conclusion but the author makes up for it with the character interaction, great dialogue and wonderful ending. When I say I couldn't put this down I really mean it. I was completely sucked in and actually sad when the story ended. It's not the typical fluff light-hearted stuff you get in other romance period books which is one of the reasons why I liked it so much, it's darker, more realistic and has so much more depth. The characters in this are 3 dimensional, fully fleshed out, believable and just enthralling to read about. I almost didn't want to finish it because it was so good. If you want a real love story, with angst, heartbreak, passion and lots of drama then this is it. It had everything with a few surprises here and there. The characters in this will always stay with me, they were very unique, very real and just heartbreaking. Great book!!!